· Yesterday 18 September 2021, KwaZulu-Natal Province recorded 834 new cases.
· The province rank the third highest in terms of the number of laboratory- confirmed cases countrywide, Contributing 17% (n= 506 401) cases.
· The average number of cases recorded in the past seven days was 873 cases per day.
· Seven day moving average continues to decline (declined from 2 743 – 873 cases/day) since the beginning of September 2021.
· KwaZulu-Natal Province continues to rank the fourth highest in terms of fatalities countrywide, following Eastern Cape, Gauteng and Western Cape.
· The province is contributing 16% (n= 14 199) of the deaths.
· KwaZulu-Natal Province recorded 5 COVID-19 related death on 18 September 2021
· The Province continues to observe fluctuation in number of new cases, with remarkable decline observed over the weekends.
· The number of daily hospital isolations also decline in both the Private and Public Sector, including ICU and patients requiring ventilation.