The Premier is the executive authority of the province, an authority that is sometimes exercised together with members of the executive council. The Premier has the power to appoint members of the executive council and assign their functions.
The Premier, working with the executive council, exercises executive power by:
To be the centre of governance, providing leadership in creating a better life for all.
To support the Premier in carrying out Constitutional and Legal mandates.
Core-Functions/Key Performance Areas
• Integrate, co-ordinate and facilitate transversal policies, programs, strategies, plans
• Monitoring and evaluation of transversal programs
• Macro-planning and Policy development
• Provide strategic leadership and direction for provincial government
• Oversee the development and implementation of legislation
• Promote and Inter-Governmental Relations and good governance.